You’re planning your wedding and you are stressed to the max! Don’t worry, that’s normal! But, here are several simple tips to a smooth wedding that will lower your stress level and help you feel more organized.
1. Wedding Day Timeline: In order for your day to go as smooth as you envisioned, you need to create an itinerary. This lets everyone know where to be, when to be there and it will ensure your ceremony starts on time. Include time with your husband-to-be, hair/makeup, photos and yes, time to relax, before walking down the aisle.
2. Emergency Kit: Lets face it — things you never expected to go wrong can on your wedding day. You may spill something on your dress, need a safety pin or your groom’s shoe may fall apart. You will need items like static guard, lint rollers, extra bobby pins and a few mints. Don’t you want fresh breath when you kiss your groom?
3. Delegate: Whether you are a DIY bride or you have a list of tasks that need to be done before your wedding, you need to delegate. Call on your bridesmaids, mother, mother-in-law, and any other girlfriends you have and plan a craft day. Design your centerpieces or have fun running errands together. It will make the process that much more memorable. PRO TIP: Need a break from DIY? Contact Sweet Legacy about their design services.
4. Eat: If you’re like me, you may think you will never forget to eat…but you will. Your wedding day will go by so fast that before you know it, you will be walking down the aisle on an empty stomach. On the day of your wedding, don’t forget to bring a couple cases of water and snacks that are easy to eat, high in protein and not too messy.
This next tip is last, but certainly not least. This could be the most important tip that gets you that smooth, seamless wedding day you dream of.
5. Hire a coordinator: Whoever it may be, hire someone who knows what they’re doing. This is one of the most important days of your life so why let it be overwhelming? Having someone you can rely on and trust and who will put YOU first, makes a world of difference. Find someone that will help you feel at ease, prepared — and even relaxed — during your planning process and on your wedding day. You won’t regret it!
Got a tip of your own? Comment below and share your idea!
Photo Credit: Alec Vanderbloom Photography
Written by Samantha Mathews
Samantha and her husband Dan are wedding coordinators and owners of Mathews Weddings and Events. Samantha is a mom to 1 yr old son, Canyon, and is expecting their second child this coming March. She enjoys adventure, home cooking, and being creative. When Samantha is not planning weddings, she is enjoying family time exploring the outdoors and traveling the US.